Aston, PA – Republican Presidential Nominee Donald J. Trump visited Aston last week where he spoke on a few key policies on his agenda. This was not your typical Trump event. The Don’s tone was extremely soft, his demeanor calm, and presidential. Ivanka Trump introduced her father to the energetic crowd.
Child Care Affordability Plan
- Allow parents to deduct child care expenses from their income taxes
- Guarantee six weeks of paid maternity leave
- Create new “Dependent Care Savings Accounts” which would finance items ranging from childhood development to elderly care — and contribute up to $2,000 a year tax free for child care and child enrichment activities
- The leftover money would roll over & remain tax-free — unlike current plans with employers today
- Empower families to choose the care that is right for their family
- Create a new, dynamic market for family-based and community based solutions
- Incentivize employers to provide childcare at the workplace
- Few, if any, protesters were seen around the vicinity of the event — however, earlier that day numerous protesters could be seen outside of the Obama rally at the Philadelphia Museum of Art
Although Pennsylvania has not backed a presidential republican candidate since 1988, Trump is pretty close to passing Hillary in recent Pennsylvania polls – if the election were to be held today.