Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton clashed early and often at their first presidential debate Monday night at Hofstra University. The first blow came from Hillary Clinton, hitting Donald Trump on his privileged past. However, Donald’s first comment to Hillary was an area of agreement on Child care. Trump did not use all the ammunition he could’ve, including Benghazi, Clinton Foundation and the email scandal.
- Clinton said Trump’s plan would add $5 trillion in national debt – Obama also used that same number in 2012 with Mitt Romney who had same response as Donald, “Nope.”
- Hillary stated that Donald is hiding something by not releasing his tax information even though she [Hillary] claims that the email deletion was a mistake. Hillary’s staff took the Fifth before Congress and the House Panel regarding the email deletion.
“No, you’re telling the enemy everything you want to do. No wonder you’ve been fighting ISIS your entire adult life.” – Donald Trump
- Clinton copied Obama’s campaign commercial from 2008: “Future depends on it, because it does. This isn’t about us, it’s about you.” Future depends on it, because it does depend on it.
- True: Trump’s proposed tax cut would be the largest since Reagan’s
- Yes, Trump did call pregnancy an “inconvenience” for employers
- Trump’s housing discrimination lawsuit ranks among largest in U.S. history
- Trump is way off on how much of NATO’s budget is paid by the U.S.
- Trump wrong on ISIS timeline
- Trump incorrectly claims ICE endorsement – however, he was endorsed by a union of ICE employees
- Clinton wrong, Trump right about NYC murder rate
- Trump is wrong: ‘Stop and frisk’ was ruled unconstitutional
- Trump gets it right about Clinton staff ‘taking the Fifth’
- Clinton right about Trump’s bankruptcies
- Clinton correct about the wealthy benefiting from Trump tax plan
- Clinton wrong about Trump’s plan on overseas profit
- Trump wrong about size of Clinton’s tax plan
- Trump wrong on Michigan job losses
- Clinton gets it wrong on ‘small business’ job creation