Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – On Saturday, Oct. 22, Hillary Clinton and her running mate Tim Kaine will campaign together in Pennsylvania. At public events in the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia areas, Clinton and Kaine will lay out the high stakes of this election for Pennsylvanians as well as their vision for an America that is stronger together, with an economy that works for everyone, not just those at the top.
- Yesterday, Mayor Kenney of Philadelphia held a news conference that focussed at the site of a potential “failed Trump Tower” site in Philadelphia.
“Trump Tower Philadelphia: this empty site is yet another sad example of a failed Trump business venture, another broken Trump promise, another Trump phony sales pitch promising future success. This is an empty lie. It is a stark visual commentary on his run for president,” said Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney.
- Phila. Mayor Kenney questioned how Trump could be a champion of working people when he spent his entire life “screwing” working people as a matter of doing business.
- Kenney mentioned that Trump may be good for Russia or even China, but not America.
- Kenney mentioned Trump’s “failed” casinos in Atlantic City that went bankrupt.
- At the time of the bankruptcy, Trump did not own Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino as he filed a lawsuit requesting his name be removed from the facility in 2014.
- Trump Taj Mahal Hotel and Casino is owned by Icahn Enterprises. Carl Icahn considered reopening the casino, however, numerous news sources state that a pending bill in New Jersey would prevent him from doing so.
“How can Trump be the of champion of working people when he’s spent his entire life screwing working people as a matter of doing business. We don’t need a President who lives by the motto ‘What’s good for Donald, is good for America’ because we know that Donald Trump is not good for America – maybe it’s good for Russia — maybe even China. But Trump is not good for America. And this empty lot behind us demonstrates that.”