MIDDLETOWN TWP., Pa. (YC) — Friday left several people sick in the locker room of Penncrest High School following a football game, officials said.
Approximately 13 students were transported to the hospital for observation.
First responders and hazmat crews rushed to the school after reports of an odor — possibly a chlorine leak and ordered evacuations.
Oddly, they also requested helicopters come to the scene to clear up the air surrounding the school, per police radio transmissions.
Approximately four helicopters hovered for over an hour.
The situation occurred about 10 p.m. in the men’s locker room of the school off Barren Road after Friday night’s football game against Radnor High.