- Roughly 30 staff members were invited to spend the night with the duo
- They were hooked up with a private suite with a bird’s-eye view
- They were invited to meet Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato after the show
- Projected behind the singers was the name “Orlando” in the rainbow colors
- They invited a member of their show, Hank, to lead everyone in a prayer for the victims of the shooting, which left 49 dead and 59 others injured
- “I want to invite you to join us in praying to whatever God is to you,” Hank stated, asking the crowd to “pray together so we can heal together”
- Jonas introduced surprise guest Andra Day which performed a song called “Rise Up”
- While performing with Andra, the names and ages of the Pulse shooting victims and Christina Grimmie scrolled behind them
- The crowd of 10,000-fans chanted, “Orlando! Orlando!”
Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato bring the Pulse Nightclub staff out to their concertN
Your Content is a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. Sign up to receive our biggest stories as soon as they’re published.
Protect Independent Journalism
Your Content is a nonprofit newsroom that produces nonpartisan, evidence-based journalism to expose injustice, corruption and wrongdoing.
Spearheading the news revolution for Americans across the nation, Your Content has brought a voice to those the media failed to acknowledge.
This story you’ve just finished was funded by our readers and we hope it inspires you to make a gift to Your Content so that we can publish more reports like this one that holds people in power to account and produces real change.
Your donation will help us ensure that we can continue this critical work. We are busier than ever covering stories you won’t see anywhere else.