Your Content is a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power.
Sign up to receive our biggest stories as soon as they’re published.
Although Sanders has stood firm on Hillary Clinton not being qualified to be president, he has gone on to endorse her recently. The rundown on just a number of things Sanders said about Clinton since he started his campaign.
- “She has been saying lately that she thinks that I am quote unquote, not qualified to be president. Now, let me just say in response to Secretary Clinton, I don’t believe that she is qualified, if she is, through her super PAC, taking tens of millions of dollars in special interest donations”
- “My response is if you want to question my qualifications, then maybe the American people might wonder about your qualifications Madame Secretary”
- “When you voted for the war in Iraq, the most disastrous foreign policy blunder in the history of America, you might want to question your qualifications”
- “When you voted for trade agreements that cost millions of Americans decent paying jobs, and the American people might want to wonder about your qualifications”
- “When you’re spending an enormous amount of time raising money for your super PAC from some of the wealthiest people in this country, and from some of the most outrageous special interests … Are you qualified to be president of the United States when you’re raising millions of dollars from Wall Street whose greed and recklessness helped destroy our economy?”
- Clinton’s spokesman Brian Fallon tweeted “Hillary Clinton did not say Bernie Sanders was ‘not qualified.’ But he has now – absurdly – said it about her. This is a new low”
- Sanders made these statements at a news conference in Philadelphia in April
- In other news, Sanders supporters are joining #TeamTrump & Secret Service dumps Sanders
→ TRUMP TWEETS BERNIE’S PAST CLINTON STATEMENTS
- “Sanders Has Criticized Clinton For Voting ‘For Virtually Every Trade Agreement That Has Cost The Workers Of This Country Millions Of Jobs”
- “Sanders’ Campaign Called Clinton A Potential ‘Outsourcer-In Chief,’ Saying She ‘Has Been A Consistent Advocate Of The Job-Killing Trade Deals’ That Have Lost ‘Almost 5 Million Manufacturing Jobs Over The Last 15 Years.”
- “Sanders Has Said That Clinton Is In The Pocket Of Big Banks, Saying That Wall Street Has Been ‘The Major Campaign Contributor’ To Clinton”
- “Sanders Attacked Clinton Saying That ‘You’re Not Going To Have A Government That Represents All Of Us, So Long As You Have Candidates Like Secretary Clinton Being Dependent On Big Money Interest”
- “Clinton Is The Favorite Of The Democratic Establishment, Regardless Of How You Want To Define It”
- “Clinton Has Taken More Than $1.2 Million In Bundled Donations From Oil And Gas Lobbyists”
- “Podesta Has Said That ‘K Street Will Find A More Welcome Home In A Clinton White House”
- “At A February 2016 Democrat Debate, Sanders Said The Guest Worker Programs In The 2006 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill Were ‘Akin To Slavery”
- “Sanders Claims That Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Have The Judgement To Be President, Partly Due To Her Iraq War Vote”
→ FEDERAL LAWSUIT
- A group of Bernie Sanders supporters are suing the Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, alleging she “rigged” the primary for Hillary Clinton
- The group consists of 120 people, including 104 Sanders donors, claiming that Schultz & the DNS were fraudulent, negligent, and misrepresented their true motives in the Democratic presidential primary
- The suit cites internal emails and memos that have been leaked by someone claiming to have gotten them from Russian hackers who accessed the DNC computer files, claiming the DNC only ever considered Clinton to be the likely nominee
- The DNC has acknowledged it was hacked by Russians, but has not verified the authenticity of any of the documents leaked to the press in the wake of the data breach
- The class action lawsuit was filed about two weeks ago in the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida by the Miami law firm of Beck & Lee
- The legal documents that can be viewed below quote from a leaked 2015 memo that states the DNC’s “goals in the coming months will be to frame the Republican field and the eventual nominee early and to provide a contrast between the GOP field and [Hillary Clinton]”
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Protect Independent Journalism
Your Content is a nonprofit newsroom that produces nonpartisan, evidence-based journalism to expose injustice, corruption and wrongdoing.
Spearheading the news revolution for Americans across the nation, Your Content has brought a voice to those the media failed to acknowledge.
This story you’ve just finished was funded by our readers and we hope it inspires you to make a gift to Your Content so that we can publish more reports like this one that holds people in power to account and produces real change.
Your donation will help us ensure that we can continue this critical work. We are busier than ever covering stories you won’t see anywhere else.