- The man known for riding around the country stating he wanted to “help hungry children” has been arrested
- Tod “Doc” Mishear was arrested three days after riding his horse across the bridge into New York City
- Minutes before he was put into an unmarked police van, Mishear spoke to PIX11 News, saying he was looking forward to getting back on his horses soon
- “They’re trying to steal my horses,” he fumed. “In Montana, they hang horse thieves!”
- Mishler arrived at 10 a.m. with his cowboy hat on, a bandanna around his neck & spurs on his feet with intention of picking up his horses but was taken into custody instead
- He’s charged with allegations alleging of torture/not feeling an animal, according to police
- The two horses he brought to New York City were seized Monday for examinations
- Mishler was also issued a court summons for blocking traffic and trespassing
- Mishler does not have a cell phone and has not been heard from since his arrest
Cowboy riding his horse around in New York City arrested for clogging traffic on a bridgeC
Your Content is a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. Sign up to receive our biggest stories as soon as they’re published.
Protect Independent Journalism
Your Content is a nonprofit newsroom that produces nonpartisan, evidence-based journalism to expose injustice, corruption and wrongdoing.
Spearheading the news revolution for Americans across the nation, Your Content has brought a voice to those the media failed to acknowledge.
This story you’ve just finished was funded by our readers and we hope it inspires you to make a gift to Your Content so that we can publish more reports like this one that holds people in power to account and produces real change.
Your donation will help us ensure that we can continue this critical work. We are busier than ever covering stories you won’t see anywhere else.