Upper Darby, Pa. (PA) – State Representative Margo Davidson of Delaware County has been evicted from her campaign office for failure to pay rent, according to court documents. Although this elected official has a staggering salary of over $80,000.00/year, paying rent was not on her agenda.
- Margo Davidson failed to pay rent at a campaign office located in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania.
- 83-92 Lansdowne Ave. LP filed suit against Rep. Davidson July 14, 2016, for $3,740.90.
- Margo Davidson was found at fault, and the judgment was for the plaintiff for $2,796.77 with the condition she would have to vacate the property.
- According to court documents, the monthly rent was $1,133.00.
- Davison filed a countersuit Aug. 8, 2016, for $2,200.00 where the judge entered a judgment for the defendant, 32-92 Lansdowne Ave. LP not granting Rep. Davidson – Rep. Davidson lost the countersuit.
- The managing company of the property was unable to comment on the case.
Margo Davidson is no stranger to the court system as she has been brought before the court numerous times – including for failure to pay taxes. According to court documents, on Nov. 5, 2009, Margo again was brought to court for failure to pay rent where the plaintiff asked for $782.50 and was awarded $853.50. According to campaign finance reports, Davidson has received over $125,000.00 in campaign contributions with a new report due in just a few days.
Edited 10/28/2016, 4:03 p.m.: Added campaign contributions