Washington, D.C. – From one VP to another! Vice President Joe Biden met with Vice President–elect Mike Pence at the White House on Thursday, November 10, to discuss a “smooth and seamless transition of power.”
- Vice President Biden met with Vice President-elect Pence in the Vice President’s West Wing office.
- They spoke about their time working together in Congress and their friendship dating back many years.
- The Vice President talked with the Vice President-elect about the key duties of the Vice President, and discussed a number of specific policy portfolios that have been a critical focus for him during his time in office.
- These portfolios included NATO and eastern Europe and expanding access to the middle class.
- The Vice President again offered his full support to the Vice President-elect in order to ensure a smooth and seamless transition of power.
- Additionally, Vice President Biden and Vice President-elect chatted about their families.
- Vice President Biden renewed his invitation for the entire Pence family to join him and Dr. Biden for dinner at the Naval Observatory.