Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Hocus Pocus 2 will be released in theaters, director reveals

The cult classic ‘Hocus Pocus’ is officially in the works and is expected to be a theatrical release, Your Content has learned.

Famed director Adam Shankman, known for his films ‘Hairspray’ and ‘Step Up,’ confirmed on social media that he’s now attached to the project.

“Looks like I’ll be working on a lot of magic for a while,” Shankman wrote, confirming the sequel Friday.

“I feel incredibly honored and humbled to be guiding forward these two Disney crown jewel legacies.”

The original “Hocus Pocus” premiered in 1993 and has gained cult status during the Halloween season.

“My only hope is to honor those who came before me and build something new and exciting, as I desperately try to not let down the fans and enchant the new initiates,” said Shankman.

What’s more, One Republic’s lead singer Ryan Tedder chimed in: “[You] better cameo me in Hocus Pocus or I’m putting a damn hex on you!”

Director Adam Shankman, known for directing movies like “Hairspray” and “Step Up,” is now attached to the project.

“Disenchanted is a theatrical release,” Shankman revealed.

Stay with Your Content for the latest updates. Have a story or news tip? Contact our 24/7 newsroom at 833.336.8013 or e-mail our tip line: [email protected]

Updated on December 2, 2020 9:40 am