AUTHORITIES on both the state and federal level are investigating the death of George Lloyd and a source tells Your Content exclusively that charges are “imminent” after officials made an unknown discovery sometime Thursday.
“It’s likely that charges are imminent,” a source who spoke under the condition of anonymity as the investigation is ongoing told Your Content Thursday.
“Two of the officers received a phone call from their lawyers telling them now is a good time to ‘get their affairs in order,’ which is code word for prepare to get the call to surrender to authorities,” the individual continued.
“There was a credible lead that developed overnight that led us to act quickly and swiftly,” a second law enforcement source told Your Content.
The source noted two of the 4 cops face manslaughter charges among several other hefty felonies. Since the death was not premeditated, ‘there are no chances of winning a first-degree murder conviction.’
However, the neck-kneeling officer might face additional charges after individuals who had filed complaints in the past were quizzed by federal agents.
“There will be at least two arrests within the next 96 hours,” the insider said. “There is a 100 percent chance that two of the officers will be charged in that time-frame.”
As Your Content readers know, the Minneapolis Police Department’s 3rd Precinct building is engulfed in flames as protests continue in Minneapolis and St. Paul on Thursday night.
The source noted they will continue investigating following the imminent indictment but action must be taken immediately to show the public progress.
“The public thinks we’re sleeping. We’re not sleeping. This isn’t going to end in a court of law and nowhere else,” the insider said, noting authorities will continue investigating following the imminent indictment but immediate action is necessary to slow the public outrage.
“Further findings indicate several other individuals failed to intervene. All officers involved provided a written statement to their superior at the Minneapolis Police Department,” noting they have approximately 18 statements that will helped paint a picture of the lead officer.
The law enforcement source adds: “Those statements have been turned over to the U.S. Attorneys Office and investigators who proceeded to corroborate their statements. Those statements played a critical role in finding who is turning a blind eye and who will be a witness for the prosecution.”
Your Content exclusively reported that President Trump had been briefed on the massive fire at the police department Thursday night, hinting he’d be sending ‘the cavalry’ in to assist.
“This is no longer a peaceful protest. This is now an arson, reckless endangerment, and borderline domestic terrorism investigation. There will be serious consequences for the crimes committed tonight as it has done nothing but divert resources from the investigation to monitor riot outbreaks.”
Stay with Your Content for the latest updates. Have a story or news tip? Contact our 24/7 newsroom at 833.336.8013.