Friday, April 9, 2021
Friday, April 9, 2021

Delco Lawyer Convicted by Feds for Bank Fraud

A Delaware County lawyer has been convicted of being a fraud, Your Content has learned.

The United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Pennsylvania announced today that Dory L. Sater, age 46, of Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, was convicted on November 10, 2020, following a jury trial, of bank fraud and aggravated identity theft offenses.  The six-day trial was held before United States District Court Judge Robert D. Mariani in Scranton.

According to United States Attorney David J. Freed, the jury returned the guilty verdict on both counts in the indictment after approximately one hour of deliberation.  Sater was convicted of one count of bank fraud and one count of aggravated identity theft.

The evidence presented at trial showed that in August 2017, Sater forged a mortgage satisfaction piece and filed the instrument with the Luzerne County Recorder of Deeds Office.  The forged document erased a mortgage held by Fidelity Deposit & Discount Bank on the Mountaintop, Pennsylvania residence of Sater’s parents.  The mortgage had served as collateral for a $50,000 line of credit that Sater had withdrawn in its entirety.  Evidence at trial established that Sater’s parents were considering selling their residence while the forged satisfaction piece was recorded.  In the process of forging the mortgage satisfaction piece, Sater also forged the signatures of a Fidelity bank officer and of a public notary, whose notary stamp he stole to use on the forged document. Sater was a personal injury attorney in Delaware County, who ran The Sater Law Firm LLC.

The case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.  Assistant U.S. Attorneys Phillip J. Caraballo and James Buchanan are prosecuting the case.

The maximum penalty under federal law for the bank fraud offense is 30 years of imprisonment, a term of supervised release following imprisonment, and a fine.  The aggravated identity theft charge carries a mandatory, consecutive two-year term of imprisonment. Under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, the Judge is also required to consider and weigh a number of factors, including the nature, circumstances and seriousness of the offense; the history and characteristics of the defendant; and the need to punish the defendant, protect the public and provide for the defendant’s educational, vocational and medical needs. For these reasons, the statutory maximum penalty for the offense is not an accurate indicator of the potential sentence for a specific defendant.

Updated on April 9, 2021 11:48 am
Updated on April 9, 2021 11:48 am
Updated on April 9, 2021 11:48 am
Updated on April 9, 2021 11:48 am
Updated on April 9, 2021 11:48 am
Updated on April 9, 2021 11:48 am
Updated on April 9, 2021 11:48 am
Updated on April 9, 2021 11:48 am

1. Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re using? I’m looking to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique. P.S Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!

2. I like the valuable information you supply on your articles. I抣l bookmark your weblog and take a look at again here regularly. I’m somewhat sure I抣l be informed lots of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

3. Throughout the great design of things you receive an A+ for effort. Where you actually confused me personally was on your particulars. You know, it is said, details make or break the argument.. And it could not be more accurate right here. Having said that, let me tell you what exactly did deliver the results. The article (parts of it) can be extremely convincing and this is most likely the reason why I am taking an effort to comment. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. Secondly, while I can certainly see a jumps in reasoning you come up with, I am not really sure of exactly how you appear to connect the ideas that make the conclusion. For right now I will subscribe to your point however wish in the foreseeable future you actually link your facts much better.

4. Hey this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

5. I together with my pals ended up reviewing the good procedures from your web site then immediately I had a terrible feeling I had not thanked the blog owner for them. All of the women happened to be for this reason thrilled to read through them and already have in fact been loving them. We appreciate you turning out to be very accommodating as well as for choosing this form of good resources most people are really needing to learn about. My very own honest apologies for not saying thanks to sooner.

6. Thanks for your submission. I also think that laptop computers have become more and more popular currently, and now tend to be the only sort of computer employed in a household. This is because at the same time that they are becoming more and more very affordable, their processing power keeps growing to the point where they are as effective as desktop coming from just a few years ago.

7. Hi would you mind letting me know which webhost you’re utilizing? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a honest price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

Comments are closed.