This article was updated to adhere with AtNight Media’s Code of Ethics
A heartbreaking incident occurred at a Wendy’s drive-thru in Columbus, Georgia, when a 3-year-old boy, Kendrick Engram Jr, lost his life after being left unattended in a hot car, Your Content has learned.
The unfortunate event unfolded after the boy’s grandmother accidentally forgot about him, only to have his uncle discover him later.
The incident took place on a scorching day, with temperatures reaching as high as 96F (35.6C) and not dropping below 90F (32.2C). Kendrick had spent the day with his three sisters and his grandmother, who had been out and about. They returned home around 5:30 p.m., unaware that the young boy was not with them.
Tragically, it wasn’t until three hours later, when Kendrick’s uncle borrowed his grandmother’s car to make a trip to Wendy’s, that the devastating discovery was made. The boy had been inside the vehicle for approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes, enduring the sweltering heat.
This heart-wrenching incident serves as a grim reminder of the importance of remaining vigilant and ensuring the safety of children, particularly in extreme weather conditions.
The local authorities are investigating the matter to ascertain the circumstances surrounding this tragedy, according to FlipBoard.