A massive fire erupted in the newly-refurbished Tiffany & Co. building located on Manhattan’s renowned Fifth Avenue on Thursday morning, Your Content has learned.
The fire, which started as an underground street fire caused by an electrical vault, tore through parts of the iconic store.
Photos taken at the scene depict the brave efforts of FDNY firefighters battling the blaze.
Fortunately, there were no reports of serious injuries, although a few employees were seen being transported to the hospital in ambulances.
Smoke billowed from the windows, capturing the attention of onlookers, including store floor staff and chefs from the sixth-floor Blue Box Café.
The Tiffany & Co. building had recently undergone an extensive and costly renovation, attracting high-profile guests such as Katy Perry, Hailey Bieber, and Blake Lively to its grand reopening in April.
Situated on a coveted corner of Manhattan’s shopping district, the building shares the block with Trump Tower.
LVMH, the European luxury brand conglomerate, acquired Tiffany in 2021 for a staggering $16 billion.
While the exact cost of the renovations remains unconfirmed by Bernard Arnault, LVMH’s chairman and owner, experts estimated it to be around $500 million.
Arnault expressed the challenge of renovating the entire building, originally opened in 1940, with a vision to create distinct and unique floors.
Notably, the sixth floor welcomed the addition of The Blue Box Café.
The Tiffany & Co. company has not provided an official statement regarding the fire at the time of this report.
The incident serves as a setback for the renowned jewelry brand, causing concern among its loyal customers and the wider community, according to DailyMail.